SSSTS Training- In House
The SSSTS training scheme provides first line managers / supervisors who are looking to progress to managers with an introduction level of health and safety.
The course provides an understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues. Highlighting legal responsibilities and the need to promote health and safety to supervise effectively. Upon completion of the course the student will have the understanding of:
- health and safety law and how it applies to supervisors
- your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- risk assessments and the need for method statements
- effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- monitoring site activities effectively
- timely intervention when bad practice is identified
To provide first line managers/supervisors (or those seeking to become a manager/supervisor) with the knowledge and skills to enable them to contribute to safely managed construction or civil engineering site.
The SSSTS training course is designed to cover The Health & Safety at Work Act and the other regulations relevant to the construction industry and includes:
- Risk assessments relating to construction site issues:-
- Working at Height
- Occupational Health
- Confined Spaces
- Control of subcontractors
- Health issues
- Toolbox Talks
- Construction accidents
- Multiple-choice assessment paper
- Interaction of delegates during the course.
Successful participants will be awarded a CITB SSSTS training certificate which is valid for 5 years.
To remain certified in this area a refresher course is required before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.