SEATS – Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme Course
The one-day interactive Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS) is designed for site staff (foreman, site agents), Site Supervisors, Site Managers and those with design and/or purchasing responsibilities. This course aims to ensure companies can demonstrate they have provided their workers with the environmental knowledge essential to undertake their roles effectively and ensure compliance environmental legislation and with the 2015 Build UK site guidelines.
Course Aims and Objectives
This Site Environmental Awareness training course aims to enable Site Supervisors and Site Managers to:
- Understand the environmental impacts of construction processes.
- Understand the relevant legislation and how to regulate it.
- Understand how to achieve compliance.
- Understand best practice techniques to use on site
By the end of the SEATS training course delegates will be able to:
- Implement best practice techniques on site.
- Implement and regulate correct and appropriate legislation.
- Understand the environmental impacts of the construction process.
This SEATS training course contains the following topics:
- Why is the environment important?
- Environmental Management Systems.
- Contaminated Land.
- Site Waste Management.
- Pollution Prevention and Water Management.
- Being a responsible contractor incl: statutory nuisance, communications, ,archaeology and heritage.
- Responsible use of Energy and Resources.
Full attendance of the one-day course is required by all delegates as they will also have a high proportion of group discussions throughout the day, where they will be encouraged to discuss ideas of how they will implement changes on site.
They will need to complete the SEATS course by achieving a minimum of 18 out of 25 (72% pass rate) correct answers on a multiple-choice examination paper to achieve their accreditation.
On successful completion of the course exam the awarded Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to retake the course before the expiry date.