Manual Handling Training – In House
The manual handling training course is designed for all levels of personnel within all industries involved in lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling and carrying tasks.
This course is a great way to show your staff how to lift safely. Once this course has been attended, staff will know how to look after their back properly and your business could benefit from less absenteeism and the cost of any litigation.
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of how to minimise the risk of injury to themselves and others by increasing awareness of potential manual handling hazards in the workplace.
The course is designed to cover:
- Current Legislation
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Accident Statistics
- Types and Causes of Injury
- Returning back to work
- Principles of Correct Manual Handling Techniques
- Anatomy of Spine
- Body Mechanics
- Practical Application of lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling and carrying
- Risk Assessment
- Group and individual practical exercise
Successful participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance.